Amending Tickets

A defendant may request the City Prosecutor to amend a moving traffic violation charge to a non-moving charge that will not affect the defendant's driving record.  The City Prosecutor will determine whether the defendant is eligible for an amendment. 

These cases must be scheduled on a special amendment docket called the Pro Se Plea Docket.  Only traffic tickets with scheduled fines may be set for this docket. 

If the charges resulted from an accident, the defendant at fault must provide verification that restitution has been paid for the victim's damages.

Defendants may retain an attorney to request amendments of any traffic violation, including those which do not have a scheduled fine.