Contact Steve Helsper with the Fire Department, Building Codes Division at (913) 971-7900 to inquire about sign permits.

Signs are broken into two types: Temporary and Permanent.

TEMPORARY-these sign types are required to be applied and permitted online through Olathe Citizen Access.

Temporary sign types:

  • Freestanding Banners
  • Wall Banners
  • Inflatables

PERMANENT-these sign types can be applied for online through Citizen Access but are issued at the Fire Department.

Permanent sign types:

  • Monument
  • Wall Signs
  • Billboard

Signs are permitted based on the Unified Development Ordinance.