- Manage Utility Account
- Utility Services
- Dig Safe
- For Developers
- YardCart & Yard Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Other Utilities
Computer and electronics recycling is available for all Johnson County residents, free of charge.
What is eWaste?
Electronic equipment such as computers, computer parts, monitors, keyboards and peripherals comprise most of eWaste. It also includes TVs, VCRs, stereos, cell phones, and DVD players.
Why bother recycling?
eWaste contains large amounts of lead and other non-renewable resources.
How do I participate?
• Johnson County residents call 913-971-9311 one day in advance to schedule an appointment.
• Bring your items to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 1420 Robinson.
• Residents will be asked for a photo ID and must complete a waiver accepting the program requirements.
• eWaste is not accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events.
The following items are accepted free of charge:
• Computers, monitors, computer parts, printers, scanners, and peripherals
• Small electronics* (e.g., microwaves, VCRs, DVD/CD players, fax machines)
*Electronics weighing less than 15 pounds each.