Automatically Collected Information
- Share any personal information gathered on this web-site with other agencies or persons unless required by law.
- Create personal profiles or provide personal information to private organizations.
- Collect and/or sell information for commercial marketing.
If you only browse our web site or download data, some information will be collected automatically. This information will not identify you personally. It is used only to improve this site by telling us the number of visitors and the types of web browsers and operating systems our visitors are using. The following information is collected each time someone visits our site:
- The Internet domain name (examples: aol.com or Comcast.net) from which you access our site. Note, this is not your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- The IP address from which you connected to our site. This address is a number assigned to your computer or provided by your Internet Service Provider whenever you connect to the Internet. We use this address to send data you requested back to you.
- The type of browser you used to visit our site.
- The type of operating system you used.
- The date and time you visit our site.
- The specific pages you visit at our site.
- If you linked to our site from another web-site, the address of that site.
In some cases you may choose to provide us with information. You may do this by filling out a form or sending an e-mail. This information consists of items such as your name, address, or phone number. The information you provide will be used only for the purpose for which it is intended, however, once submitted to this web site it becomes a public record subject to public record keeping regulations, including disclosure. In most cases the information you give us will be used only to help us provide the information you have requested to you.
The City of Olathe has taken steps to safeguard the information on this web site, including monitoring, auditing, and encryption. Security measures are taken as a part of the implementation of all City of Olathe software and hardware infrastructure in order to mitigate risk. The City of Olathe, however, cannot warrant as fail proof the security of information provided via the web site.
Unauthorized attempts to change information on this site or upload information are strictly prohibited.
Links to Other Sites
The purpose of the City of Olathe's web site is to provide information about the City's government, services, and attractions. The City of Olathe's web site may provide links to web sites outside the City's web site that also serve this purpose. The City is not responsible for and does not endorse the information on any linked web site unless the City's web site states otherwise.
The City of Olathe's web site may provide links to web sites:
- Maintained by a state, local or federal government agency or local school or library board.
- Maintained by an organization that receives direct financial support from the City.
- Maintained by companies that provide non-City utility services to community members.
- Maintained by organizations that sponsor or support a City-sponsored event or association.
- Providing a unique online tool to assist site visitors in accessing information on the site or in communicating with each other, e.g., Adobe Acrobat reader.
The City of Olathe's web site will not provide links to web sites for:
City E-Mail News Service Privacy Statement
- Candidates for local, state, or federal offices.
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state, or federal issue.
- Corporate (for-profit or not-for-profit) organizations unless they fit the criteria stated above.
- Individual or personal home pages.
By agreeing to use this service, you are granting the City of Olathe permission to send you periodic e-mails only about the topics for which you have subscribed.
The City of Olathe is concerned about its subscribers' privacy and the confidentiality of their personal information. That is why we collect only the data necessary to provide the information you request. This information is used only to ensure that messages you receive are valuable and relevant.
The City of Olathe does not sell or rent mailing lists of its subscribers to any organization. The city may provide lists of its subscribers to project partner government agencies, and then only to provide customized information to residents or business owners who may be served by receipt of that information. PLEASE NOTE: The city may be required to provide e-mail lists to third parties if the information is requested under Kansas State public disclosure law.
The City of Olathe offers the permanent option to unsubscribe from any and all of the e-mail information services within this system. You may at any time choose to modify your contact information or remove your address entirely from the system
If you change your e-mail address, simply re-subscribe to the lists of your choice using your new address.
We welcome any feedback, concerns or questions from our subscribers. Please feel free to contact the web manager if you have questions or suggestions regarding this subscriber-based e-mail system.
The City of Olathe does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of the information published on this web site and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by the reliance on such. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this site does so at his or her own risk.