ADA Assistance

How does someone request ADA assistance for programs or activities?
Individuals needing accommodations for recreation activities should register for program through the standard ways (phone, online, walk-in) and then fill out the
ADA Assistance Request Form. OPRD requires a two week notice if assistance is needed.



Pool Family Memberships

Who can be on my family pool pass?

A family pool pass is comprised of two adults and up to four children under the age of 19, all permanently residing in the same household.

  • Additional children living at home who have not reached 19 before the pool opens will cost an additional $13 per child.
  • Any person who is not a permanent resident of your household must purchase their own pool pass. 

Pool Photo ID's

  • Photos are taken at the Olathe Community Center.
  • Membership holders ages 3 to 17 will need a new photo.
  • Adults 18 and older will not need a new photo.

Outdoor Pool Age Requirement

  • All children 7 years and under must be accompanied by an adult age 15 or over. 

Day Cares

What is the supervisor to child ratio for daycares at the pool? 
One supervisor per eight children.



Length of Process

How long does the scholarship application take to process?
How long does it take to be contacted once my scholarship application is processed?
Can my scholarship be processed in the same day it is received?

The scholarship application process takes 7-10 working days due to the volume of applications we receive. Once your application has been processed, we send a letter notifying you whether or not your scholarship has been approved.




If it rains on the day of my shelter rental, can I receive a refund?
Unfortunately we cannot refund a shelter rental due to weather conditions. 

I had a permit for a shelter rental, but another group was using the shelter. How do I address this issue?
Contact the Olathe Police at 913-971-7455. When the police arrive, make sure you show them your permit.


Program Refunds

What is the OPRD refund policy?

Refunds will be granted for the following reasons:

1. When an activity has insufficient registrations and must be canceled.
2. To any registrant who is restricted from participation due to a change in the activity LOCATION:, date or time.
3. To any registrant who is restricted from participating due to an illness, as long as the request is made before no more than two activity meetings have been completed and when a doctor’s excuse is presented. A prorated amount will be issued or transferred, if the activity has already started.
4. To any registrant without reason, so long as the request is made at least 10 working days prior to the 1st day of the program.
All refunds (or transfers) initiated by the participant will be subject to a 5% service charge with a $5.00 minimum and a $15.00 maximum to be retained by the department. Please allow up to 20 days for the city to process refunds.
Program Cancellation

What is the OPRD cancellation policy?

When enrollment does not meet the class minimum, Olathe Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel activities. To help avoid cancellation of classes, register at your earliest convenience. All class and activity fees, times, dates and Locations are subject to change, if the scheduled facility becomes unavailable or if there was an error.



What time do people usually show up for the concerts in order to get a good seat?
Concerts begin at 7pm, so most people begin showing up between 5pm and 6pm. 
What park are the concerts held at?
Frontier Park located at 15501 Indian Creek Parkway, Olathe, KS 66062.
What can we bring to the summer concerts?
The following items can be brought into the park; chairs, blankets, coolers, food, beverages, dogs on leashes. Alcohol cannot be brought into the park.
Can food/beverages be purchased at the summer concerts?
Yes, food and beverages can be purchased.